Do you have the next big story?
Do you have a story to share with us? Did you witness something you think should be reported?
We encourage anyone to reach out to discuss potential news stories that may be in the public interest.
The more documents, data or other evidence you include to substantiate your tip, the more likely it is that we’ll be able to investigate it.
What types of tips?
We’re interested in any news that you think should be broadcast to a national and international audience.
- a significant criminal or civil trial in any country
- a democratic election, or change of head of government/state in any country
- something unjust is happening in any country, including:
- laws not being followed by government officials
- laws not being, or being selectively, enforced
- new international organisations being formed, or countries joining or leaving international organisations.
If you think we’ll be interested, let us know anyway.
For serious accusations, you’ll need to provide us with some proof to be able to investigate the claims. Speculating or having a hunch does not rise to the level of a tip. You should articulate a clear and understandable issue or problem with real-world consequences.
If the tip does not include any accusations, you will not need to include much documentation. For example, if you’re giving us a heads up that a nation has changed leader, you’ll only need to provide us basic information and access to their Discord server.
How should I send my tips?
To get in contact with us, send us a message on our Discord server.
If you need to speak under confidentiality, message one of our editors privately.
If you can’t join our Discord server, reach out to Eunice (eunice#6719) who is in the CivMC official Discord server.